As a seller, it’s important that you take a few steps to prepare for the inspector’s arrival. So just how do you prepare for a home inspection? Here are some steps to ensure your inspection goes well.
- Clear all entries to attics, basements and crawl spaces. This includes clearing closets that may have pull down attic access.
- Ensure utilities are left on.
- Provide keys for any locked areas.
- Remove your pets or crate them.
- Ensure all lightbulbs are in working order.
- Make remote controls for ceiling fans or lights readily available.
- Ensure your oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer are empty.
- If you have a septic tank or well, leave a sketch of its location.
- Share documents showing HVAC regular maintenance.
- Share the seller’s disclosure statement.
Have additional questions? Visit our FAQ section.